Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cancer Walk in Ceiba

 
Around my birthday every year in Oregon is the Komen Race for the Cure.  When I was in the States, I would ask people to run with me versus get me gifts because I really like helping support breast cancer research.

Well, since living abroad, I never really have the opportunity to do the run and it bums me out but I get over it.  However, this year in Ceiba, the city decided to do a fund raising walk for cancer research and Luke and I jumped on board.  So this Saturday, Luke, Baby O and I all put on our shirts and went to Central Park to join in the walk.

You could tell Ceiba was new at this because they organized the walk for a Saturday at 2:00 pm...  Lots of cars and in the heat of the day, it didn't stop us though.

We had a lot of fun, most of Luke's students were there and they had a ball with Baby O (who promptly fell asleep due to the heat).  We walked towards the beach and then up the road for sometime before arriving at a tent on the beach with games and a show. 


It was a really fun time and I hope that Ceiba continues to do fundraisers like this!

1 comment: